Monday, July 13, 2009

Summer Update

Per a friend's request (Thanks, Michelle, I needed that!) I am doing a little blogging today.  Nothing exciting, just thought I'd share a small sample of what we've been up to:

Feeding the birds at the zoo with B-Pa (and enjoying
his Christmas gift of Zoo passes!)

Cookouts with friends (and this one was even complete with horseback rides!  Anna's first!)



The girls' dance recital.  Anna was a butterfly and Abigail was a flamingo.  
Sadly, this is the best picture I got.

Abigail's piano recital.  She had a stellar first year of lessons and finished out with 4 blue ribbons (for playing in front of judges at Arlington music festivals), a medal (for getting a 99 on her theory test, which she took in a college classroom!) and a trophy!  Next year, Anna will jump on the piano bandwagon.


Plus lots of swimming, Vacation Bible School, tending to our first garden (which has been quite a learning experience!), and just having fun!

3 comments:

Alice said...

Love it! I have more video of the piano recital, but sadly am lapsed in downloading it. Looking forward to more summer fun!

Tori said...

Looks like you guys are having a busy, fun-filled summer, Shannon! Your girls are so sweet! Thanks for your sweet words on my blog. This "in-between" stage is just uncomfortable and awkward, but I'm sure I'll be wishing for it in no time at all. I'm just grateful that every little change means this little one is growing just as he or she should be! See y'all soon!

Krista Sanders said...

This "piano hall" looks VERY intimidating! Way to go, Abigail!!