Friday, June 27, 2008

Things that make me happy...

The way it smells outside after it rains

Silly giggles from the backseat

Hot tea in the morning in my teapot we got in China

That David is finished with school

Cookouts and swim parties with friends

A good book

The fact that I still haven't killed the flowers I bought in April

The joy in Abigail's face as she sings her cheesy VBS songs

Knowing that the Lord is working on me...however slow I may be to listen and learn

A fun girls' night out (any takers??)

Anna's full-blown (and contagious!) belly laugh

The ocean

The cardinals who come to our bird feeders

Having David as our leader and provider

Homeschooling our girls, and learning new things right along with them

Being called "Mommy"

4 comments:

Tammy said...

And don't forget, your friend Tammy makes you so, so happy! Seriously, I just want to say that I'm a taker on the girls' night out. When is it? :)

Unknown said...

i'm glad to be home too. & happy to be reading some good books with you this summer!!!

Anonymous said...

I am happy when I see Abigail and Anna, especially when they are being silly (Yes, yes). Watch for a few tears of happiness when David walks upon that stage and gets hooded. I am so happy that his family has him back, although he will be busy in his new career. And, I am very happy & blessed to have such a great daughter-in-law.

Krista Sanders said...

Love your list, Shannon! We have some similar "happy makers"!
And I am always up for a GNO!